Admission to K1 Classes
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2019/20 School Year
Child born between: January – December 2016
Collection of Application Form:
Download from school website (Date: 17 September 2018 (Mon) to 12 October 2018 (Fri) )
- Obtain from school in person (Date: 12 October 2018 (Fri) to 13 October 2018 (Sat) )
Submission of Application Form:
- Date: 12 October 2018 (Fri) 9 am to 5 pm 13 October 2018 (Sat) 9 am to 4 pm
- Method: Submit the application form in person
- Please fill in the application form with the following:
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate (Please bring the original documents for verification)
- Present a copy of parent’s identity document
- A copy of Immunisation Record (include the cover and the content page) (Please bring the original documents for verification)
- Two recent photos (one attached to the application form)
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (marked with applicant’s name)
- Application fee HK$40 (non-refundable)
Remarks: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted on 3 November 2018 (Sat).
Date & Time of interview will be arranged by school. Applicant who fails to attend the interview on
time, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
- Interview performance.
- The principle of vicinity.
The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten or affiliated schools of Fung Kai
will be given due priority consideration.
Notification of Application Result:
Result will be mailed to parents and posted on school website before 20 December 2018.
Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 10 to 11
January 2019 by submitting the original of the “Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and paying
the registration fee.
Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child
according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original of the
“Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “Registration Certificate” during registration, the
kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to
submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
The registration fee for 2019/20 K1 place is HK$900. If the child concerned studies in the kindergarten,
the registration fee paid will be refunded in September 2019. Should parents decide to change school
after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the
“Registration Certificate” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “Registration
Certificate”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the Kindergarten Education Scheme, each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” to EDB from September to November 2018. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2018 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post.
- Application forms and guidance notes for the “RC” are available at District Offices, Post Offices or Regional Education Offices of EDB. Application forms and related documents may also be downloaded from the EDB’s website.
Document: Admission to K1 Classes