Admission to K1 Classes
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2021/22 School Year
Child born between: January – December 2018
Collection of Application Form:
Date: 1 September 2020 (Tue) to 26 September 2020 (Sat)
- Download from school website: www.fkkgfungkai.edu.hk
- Obtain from school in person (Mondays to Fridays: 9 am to 4 pm / Saturdays: 9 am to 1 pm)
Submission of Application Form:
- Date: 25 September 2020 (Fri) 9 am to 4 pm
26 September 2020 (Sat) 9 am to 1 pm
- Method: Submit the application form in person
- Please fill in the application form with the following:
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate (Please bring the original documents for verification)
- Present a copy of parent’s identity document
- A copy of Immunisation Record (include the cover and the content page)
(Please bring the original documents for verification)
- Two recent photos (one attached to the application form)
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (marked with applicant’s name)
- Application fee of HK$40 in cash (non-refundable)
Remarks: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted on 7 November 2020 (Sat).
- Date & Time of interview will be arranged by school. Applicant who fails to attend the interview on time, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
- The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants.
- Interview performance.
- The principle of vicinity.
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten or affiliated schools of Fung Kai will be given due priority consideration.
Notification of Application Result:
Result will be mailed to parents and posted on school website before 18 December 2020.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 7 to 8 January 2021 by submitting the original of the “Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original of the “Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “Registration Certificate” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2021/22 K1 place is HK$900. If the child concerned studies in the kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be refunded in September 2021. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “Registration Certificate” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “Registration Certificate”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the Kindergarten Education Scheme, each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” to EDB from September to November 2020. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2020 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post.
- Information leaflets, application forms and guidance notes for the “RC” are available at District Offices, Post Offices or Regional Education Offices of EDB. Application forms and related documents may also be downloaded from the EDB’s website or obtained by fax via EDB 24-hour automatic telephone enquiry system at 2891 0088.
The EDB’s website on K1 Admission Arrangements in Kindergarten:
Enquiry: 2671 9919
Document: Admission to K1 Classes
Application Form download: Application form for Admission