Fung Kai Kindergarten
Information on Admission to K1 Classes in the 2024/25 School Year
Child born between: January – December 2021
Collection of Application Form: (No quota)
Date: 11 September 2023 (Mon) to 14 October 2023 (Sat)
- Download from school website: www.fkkgfungkai.edu.hk
- Obtain from school in person (Mondays to Fridays: 9 am to 4 pm / Saturdays: 9 am to 1 pm)
Submission of Application Form: (No set quota for the kindergarten)
- Date: 13 October 2023 (Fri) 9 am to 12noon / 1 pm to 4pm
14 October 2023 (Sat) 9 am to 1 pm
- Method: Submit the application form in person
- Please fill in the application form with the following:
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate
- A copy of Immunisation Record (include the cover and the content page)
- Two recent photos (one attached to the application form)
- A self-addressed stamped envelope (marked with applicant’s name)
- Application fee of HK$40 in cash (non-refundable)
Remarks: Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Interviews will be conducted on 4 November 2023 (Sat).
- Date & Time of interview will be arranged by school. Applicant who fails to attend the interview on time, the application shall be deemed to be withdrawn.
- Parents should accompany their child for the interview.
- The kindergarten will arrange interview for all applicants.
- The kindergarten will arrange interpretation and/or translation service for applicants as necessary, or allow parents and children to be accompanied by a Chinese speaking relative/friend during the interview to facilitate communication. Please contact us at 2671 9919 if interpretation/translation service if required.
- Interview performance.
- The principle of vicinity.
- The applicant with sibling(s) currently studying in the kindergarten or affiliated schools of Fung Kai will be given due priority consideration.
- The applicant from families in need of whole day classes will be given due priority consideration when applying for whole day classes.
(As the number of school places is limited, please understand that not all applicants fulfilling the priority consideration will be guaranteed a school place.)
Notification of Application Result:
Result will be mailed to parents and posted on school website before 15 December 2023.
- Successful applicants: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child from 4 to 5 January 2024 by submitting the original of the “Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and paying the registration fee.
- Applicants on the waiting list: Parents should complete the registration procedures for their child according to the specified date set by the school. Parents are required to submit the original of the “Registration Certificate” to the kindergarten and pay the registration fee.
- Please be reminded that if parents cannot submit the “Registration Certificate” during registration, the kindergarten may not be able to complete registration for their child. Hence, parents are required to submit application for the registration document to EDB within the specified period.
- The registration fee for 2024/25 K1 place is HK$900(Half day session)/$1500(Whole day session). If the child concerned studies in the kindergarten, the registration fee paid will be refunded in September 2024. Should parents decide to change school after registration, please notify the kindergarten in writing. The kindergarten will return the “Registration Certificate” but the registration fee will not be refunded. Upon obtaining the “Registration Certificate”, the kindergarten will no longer keep the school place for the child.
Application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission”
- Under the Kindergarten Education Scheme, each child who can receive education in Hong Kong will only be issued a registration document and all Scheme-KGs can only admit students holding a valid registration document.
- Parents are required to submit an application for the “Registration Certificate for Kindergarten Admission” to EDB from September to November 2023. The “RC” will be open for applications in September 2023 and EDB will announce and upload the details of application onto EDB’s website (http://www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e) in due course. Upon receipt of the applications with all necessary information and documents provided, EDB will generally take six to eight weeks to complete processing of the applications and issue the “RC” to applicants who are eligible for receiving subsidy under the Scheme by post.
- Application forms and guidance notes for the “RC” are available at District Offices, Post Offices or Regional Education Offices of EDB. Related documents may also be downloaded from the EDB’s website: www.edb.gov.hk/k1-admission_e.
Enquiry: 2671 9919
Profile of Kindergartens and Kindergarten-cum-Child Care Centres:
The EDB’s website on K1 Admission Arrangements in Kindergarten:
Application Form for Admission ： Download